Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Fantastic, Delightful, Wonderful New Idea

The snow days have slowly been killing me. Granted, I've had fun with friends and playing in the snow, but you can only do so much when there's 3 inches of ice on the ground, and nobody want's to venture out to do much of anything. So today after church (now a balmy 60 degrees), I decided I needed some Stephanie Time.

(Stephanie Time: Me thinking, preferably outdoors, without any disruptions--i.e. nobody is invited).

I decided it would be an adventure.

I walked away from my apartment complex up into a hilly area that i'd only ever seen from a distance. Surely "The Natural State" would have a lot to offer, right? To make a long story short, I walked onto what seemed like a snow covered field, only to find that it was a slightly frozen-over marsh. I could give details about the surprise on my face, the mud that soaked into my shoes, the funny looks I got from people walking their dogs and my shoes gushed and squelched as I walked back, but I wont. Long story short, remember?

I got home and sat on my couch, contemplated my life, and decided it was time to re-evaluate it (my life I mean...).

One thought led to another, and another, and NOW, I have a new goal:



I WANT TO LIVE IN A TREEHOUSE!


Fantastic, eh?
(don't worry about my train of thought so much as the end result)

I mean, people do this for reals--here are some pics! -->








Yes. Awesome. I must have this. I can't handle being so far away from a good spot for Stephanie Time, but if I lived in a treehouse, I could like, LIVE IN STEPHANIE TIME!!

What a satisfying idea.

1 comment: